- Originally from Morris, MN and a Golden Valley resident for 35 years and counting.
- Married to Debra, two daughters who graduated from Robbinsdale Public Schools and one grandson.
- Served on the Golden Valley Planning Commission for 9 years, 2003-2012
I am a Building Construction Industry professional. In this role, I have managed nearly $1 billion in construction projects in the Midwest, 80% of which are medical clinics and hospitals. I am a LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) certified professional. Smart, green development is what I've been working with for most of my career.
I have a track record of community involvement, including:
- Five years of service on the Golden Valley City Council
- Nine years serving on the Golden Valley Planning Commission
- Served on the Community Board of Directors for the Minneapolis Downtown YMCA for three years
- Active in the PTSA at Neill Elementary School and the SPA at Sandburg Middle School when my daughters were students, including a total of 12 years as treasure and one year as president.
- Served as League Director for Golden Valley Girls Softball for two years
- Accredited LEED professional
- Certified Construction Contract Administrator
- Master of Business Administration, Carlson School of Management, University of Minnesota
- Bachelor of Environmental Design, University of Minnesota